Monday, May 16, 2011

Mother's Day sewing



When I was growing up, every single Mother's Day we delivered breakfast in bed to my mom. We kids and our dad would shuffle into her room early before church carrying a tray laden with toast or eggs and juice or milk, and handmade cards, and usually the comics section of the newspaper. And as we made our way to her side of the bed, we would sing I Often Go Walking. Brad called me the week before Mother's Day this year with an idea. He wanted to give Mom a pillow with some lyrics from that song to Mom and wondered if I'd be willing to make one to be from both of us. No problem. We talked through all the lines, looking for something just right and settled on "Gather Armfuls". I added a few blossoms of blue to make it complete. Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: