Thursday, April 7, 2011

do. Good Stitches {a charity bee}

Have you heard of this?



A quilting bee via flickr. Talented sewing-types combine their efforts to make several quilts a month--each of which are then given to various charities around the world. Good idea!

I found Rachel's blog a few weeks ago and quickly got on the waiting list to be a stitcher. (That means I only make blocks, not put together finished quilts--read the flickr description if you want all the details. Better yet, join in! Those quilts aren't going to make themselves.)

I'm part of the Hope Circle, benefiting children in Africa. So cool--practicing a skill (which I enjoy) and helping others. Sewing and serving. Delish.

Can't wait to get started...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this! "This" being the charity and the blog. I'd say your sewing ability is more than a skill --it's a talent! If I had a sewing blog, you would most certainly be the first to go under "They Make Me Want to Sew". :)