Saturday, July 23, 2011

Do Good Stitches in July

Please excuse poor photo--it was a cloudy, dark morning before I left for the post office.

Hollie asked us to do something a little different this month. Instead of two blocks, we stitched up one long strip. The guideline was to make it mostly red. That's it. Luckily I had an small pile of red polka dots I wasn't sure what to do with. I don't think I got as creative as I could have with this one. I finally got home from the last trip of the summer and had a to-do list a mile long. Finishing this strip was right at the top because I didn't want to let the month get away from me, so I had more of a get-it-done mentality than make-it-awesome. The good thing is it will be surrounded by the awesomeness of the other stitcher's strips. It's so good to finally be home to stay for awhile. The bad thing is school starts in just three short weeks. (Boo!)

No comments: