Friday, July 29, 2011

Beautiful braids


I had an idea in my head for some braids on a pillow. I still had some long strips of these fabrics left over and decided they'd be perfect. So one night I ironed them nicely and braided them together while watching Secretariat with my kids on netflix. I love them, they're so pretty.
But.
They're bigger than I thought they'd be and my original idea isn't quite right anymore. Now I've got a little braided rope waiting for a plan. I think I have a new plan, I will try it out as soon as I finish the six custom orders I'm working through right now. (Same old story, isn't it? Infinite ideas, finite time limits. Life! It marches on no matter how many indulgent detours I'd like to take.) Once I've seen these cuties though I'm still interested in going back to my plan A...I need to make some smaller braids.

No comments: